One thing you’ll find about the followers of Jesus at Meadowbrook is that we like being together. We gather often for worship, sharing meals, serving together, or watching a game. Anyone is always welcome at any of these gatherings – we like meeting new people!
But being part of a group of Christians is more than just getting together with each other. Acts 2:42-47 paints a picture of what it was like to be part of a congregation in the first century. In a church family, lives are open and engaged with one another. When you’re ready for that level of engagement with the family at Meadowbrook, we ask that you make that decision public by becoming a member of the family. To begin the process you can contact one of our Shepherds or Staff Members and we will get the ball rolling. Or, if you prefer, you can simply print out and complete a New Member Info Form and return it to the church office. After we receive your information, one of our Shepherds will contact you to schedule a time to sit down and discuss in more detail the following expectations of those wishing to join in Meadowbrook's journey.
Becoming a member of the family here, means that you are willing to submit to the spiritual leadership offered by our Shepherds. Our Shepherds offer care, love, and accountability. When you’re a member of Meadowbrook you’ll find unconditional love from others within the family, and it also means that you are willing to love and serve others in return.
In general, our Shepherds expect five behaviors from Meadowbrook’s members:
- Attend our worship gatherings. Our worship gatherings are designed to honor God, and spiritually form mature disciples of Jesus. We think these times will be a blessing to your life.
- Find a ministry or ministries where you can use your energy, time, money, wisdom to further the Kingdom efforts that are going on at Meadowbrook.
- Attend a Small Group. Small Groups (link) are the lifeblood of the Meadowbrook family. It’s here that relationships are developed and lives are truly shared.
- Give of your money. Every family has a budget. Ours is no different. We hope you’ll want to share your tithes and offerings, so that our family can bless others, as it has each of us.
- Regularly read and meditate on Scripture and maintain an active and vibrant prayer life.
We hope you’ll join us on the journey.